Today I am thankful for…
1. The opportunity to minister through music to my friends’ family during the funeral of their aunt this morning.
2. My oldest son, James. He has been blessed with linguistic and musical talent. He is starting his senior year of college this coming week, and leading the clarinets this year in the Arkansas Razorback Band. What a wonderful opportunity for him to develop leadership skills and make new friends.
3. My middle child, Brandon. He will be returning to college tomorrow (sigh…) at Texas A&M Commerce. He has been blessed with artistic and musical talents, and will play oboe again with several music groups this year.
4. My youngest child, Emma. She is a wonderful mother to Aiden, and is growing and maturing every day. Her health is improving.
5. My husband, Bill. The Lord has provided me with a faithful Christian man to share life with, and he has always been a wonderful father, provider, friend and lover.
6. Friends to pray and study with. We help each other through life’s ups and downs.
7. Music! What a delight to have beautiful music with which to praise our Creator! It has also been a uniting force in our family – we could have our own band! 🙂
8. The cooler and damp weather we have had recently. What a welcome refreshment in this hot, dry summer.
9. God’s Word – Always something new to discover! This week I have been studying about solitude and Jesus’ multiple examples of being alone (but not lonely) and how I can incorporate moments of solitude in my day.
10. Refrigeration, air conditioning, clean water and ice! We are so fortunate to have all of these…there are still many people in the world without them.
To see other Thankful Thursday posts, click on the picture below