“Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name”
~ Psalm 100:4 (NIV)
Here is my Thankful list for August 14, 2008
1. I am thankful for new friends that I have made through blogging, and the support we give each other.
2. I am thankful for my daughter’s restoration to health from HELLP syndrome after the birth of her child. Please continue to pray that her carpal tunnel (both arms) will resolve very soon. It is hard for her to pick up the baby.
3. I am thankful that God accepts me and loves me as I am, and has chosen to bless me in this life as well as giving me eternal life…none of which I deserve.
4. I am thankful for my mother and sister who chose to give Bill and me a 25th anniversary party this weekend. It was a surprise! We hope to see many of our wedding attendants, old friends, and family there. Please pray that my brother will arrive safely from Omaha and that I will be able to get the house ready by Sunday!!!
5. I am thankful that my infant grandson is healthy and growing.
6. I am thankful for the electrician who came today to finish repairing and installing light fixtures that were ruined in the flood. This is virtually the last repair to the house. He blessed us by installing an extra light fixture for free.
7. I am thankful for the wonderful gingerbread a friend baked for me yesterday. It made a delicious breakfast.
8. I am thankful for God’s Word – its direction and encouragement for living in this world.
9. I am thankful for James being home with us for a week and the opportunity to spend time with him and his girlfriend. The house was full of his friends until Sunday, and we had such a good time. I can tell Brandon had a good time and misses James too.
10. I am thankful for 8 more days off to work on projects and spend time with family before school starts up again.
To read more thankful thoughts, click on the button below (and then click on “Main Page”) to find the list of participants in this week’s Thankful Thursday.