OK, my dear friend from High school, college, etc. suggested I join in on this “meme”. I am still learning the BLOG thing, and had no idea what a meme is, but I guess this is one, so here goes.
Two names I go by ~
1. Mom, Mommy, and soon, Mimi (grandmother-ish name)
2. Pooterhead (to my hubby – said with affection and a babyish voice)
Two things I’m wearing right now ~
1. Navy t-shirt with little flags and watermelons on it
2. Red capris
Two of my favorite things today ~
1. Watching a movie at home with Emma while we ate snow cones
2. Finding a summer purse on sale that I like (it is so hard for me to find the right purse – picky, picky)
Two things I want at the moment ~
1. The ironing done (yes, I still iron some… Not so bad if you watch a movie at the same time)
2. My floors installed. We had a flood in March and that’s all that is left to replace. It’s no fun walking around on concrete and wood, but it will be so nice when it’s done!!!
Two favorite pets I have had ~
This is a tough one, so I have to cheat a little:
1. A tie between my black cat Benson from college and earlier marriage (He was a pain, but was smart and funny) and my dog, Buddy, now 7, who is also a smart and funny border collie.
2. My white cat, Smudge, who is 4 years old now. She is the sweetest cat ever.
Two people I hope will fill this out ~
I haven’t really “met” any bloggers formally yet, but I have linked to several from Nancy’s Blog (thank you, Nancy. This has opened up a new world to me!)
1. Dawn at : By Sun and Candlelight (http://dawnathome.typepad.com/by_sun_and_candlelight/)
2. Lea from Farmhouse Blessings
Two things I did last night ~
1. Swam next door.
2. Watched a movie with Emma (we have enjoyed watching chick flicks while the boys are at Philmont Scout Ranch).
Two things I ate last night ~
1. Roast beef
2. A fudge truffle from the wedding I went to last Saturday. Mmmmm!!!
Two people I last talked to ~
2. James (via phone – he’s in Arkansas)
Two things I will do tomorrow ~
1. Get my hair done. I’m actually going to get highlights this time (first time in about 8 years). Usually I color my hair myself, but I feel like splurging.
2. Finish organizing and cleaning my room and closet to get ready for the floors to be installed.
Farthest two trips I have taken in the last 5 years ~
1. Alaska (cruise with hubby for 20th anniversary in 2003)
2. Hawaii – in May (I was able to go on a trip for a friend’s wedding and stayed 6 days with a few other girls. It was heavenly! Thanks, Bill).
Two favorite holidays ~
Two favorite beverages ~
1. An occasional real Coke
2. Hot Chocolate with whipped cream (I agree, Nancy)
Now it’s your turn! Anyone who wants to join in, post your Two of a Kinds on your blog and leave me a comment with your link, so that I can pop over and read yours!
It’s amazing how much God blesses us in even the smallest things every day…